Search

Artist explores changing moods, views of nature - Eureka Times-Standard

tapanggane.blogspot.com

Guest artist Robert Lopez is showing his work in April and May at the Old Town Art Gallery, 417 Second St. in Eureka.

Lopez — retired after a 35-year career teaching art at Eureka High School — is now a full-time artist.

“I have used my years of travel, observations and inspiration of the Northern California coast, the Oregon coast, New Mexico, Ireland, Montana and the Hawaiian Islands to serve as my subjects in a variety of two-dimensional media including acrylic, watercolor, tempera, pastels, colored pencil and ink,” he said. “I let my subject suggest to me the best media that best expresses the vision I wish to convey.”

He added: “My work brings to me a visual, emotional and spiritual experience as each piece of work evolves to the final statement. As I work, I am totally immersed in the changing views and moods that nature offers.”

Lopez has shown his work in exhibits locally as well as in parts of Oregon. His art is also part of private collections in California, Oregon, Montana, New York and Hawaii.

Other guest artist

Sanford Pyron is continuing as a guest artist at the Old Town Art Gallery through the end of April.

“Every new painting is a new teacher for me,” Pyron said. “I persist with my style and will continue to develop. As I go through this process of life, I will grow in spirit and evolve with all that I see.”

Old Town Art Gallery, open open Wednesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., is a cooperative art gallery sustained by local artists working in many media. The gallery is currently accepting applications for guest artists and new members. For more information, go to eurekaoldtownartgallery.com.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"artist" - Google News
April 18, 2021 at 05:16PM
https://ift.tt/2QfsUQX

Artist explores changing moods, views of nature - Eureka Times-Standard
"artist" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2FwLdIu


Bagikan Berita Ini

1 Response to "Artist explores changing moods, views of nature - Eureka Times-Standard"

  1. berbagai bonus besar menanti di IONQQ
    ayo di tunggu apa lagi, segera bergabung bersama kami di IONQQ
    WA: +855 1537 3217

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.